Wednesday 14 March 2018

Travelogue: Terengganu – Day 3


12 September 2016

Happy Eid-Adha!
We woke up early today. My dad and my brother went to the mosque to perform Eid-Adha prayer, while the girls are preparing things at home. We moved out again today, later on the afternoon to go to Dungun, to my friend’s house.

After my dad and my brother done performing Eid-Adha prayer, they picked us at home and we went straight to my dad’s friend’s house for breakfast and for the next activity, qurban. It’s was my first time seeing qurban live in front of my two eyes, so I was quite excited. 4 cows were down for qurban. This event were so meaningful for me. I saw the struggle of the cows to escape from the rope that tied them up. I saw some cows are really looking sad as if they know they were about to leave the world. I saw how close these people are, gathered together at the morning of Eid Adha, smiling and chatting, sharing foods and all. Actually, we have all these scenario at my hometown. But I never really get to experience it myself except for eating foods together. I have never went to see with my own eyes how ibadah qurban was performed.

I tried to add a video of the qurban, but it seems there's an error since the video is over 100 MB, so I added a photo of myself instead ;)

About half an hour later, we excused ourselves as we have to go to Dungun. The journey is a little bit over one hour. We dropped by the laundry before drove to my friend’s house. This friend is someone I know during my Master’s Degree. We are quite close and regularly keep in touch, so when she know that I’m coming over to Terengganu, she invited us to stay at her home. At first, I was a bit reluctant since I’m not going there alone, but with my family. But, she and her family insisted us to stay overnight, and after discussing about it with my family, we decided to accept the offer. It’s one of the way to bond the two family, so why not?

Later that evening, we went to Teluk Gadung, a beach located in front of UITM Dungun, if I’m not mistaken. These students are really lucky to have a beautiful beach right in front of their university. The beach are beautiful. We spend about an hour there strolling over the beach and chit-chatting. Well, it’s been a while since I met my friend, so there’s a lot to talk about.



One with Ika :)

That night, we are having a barbecue in front of the house with beefs they got after the qurban. I really love barbecue but never really got a chance to do it regularly. We talked, ate and stuffed our not-so-empty tummy to the fullest before going to bed. Having a full tummy right before you sleep is not so healthy hmmm but who cares? As long as we are happy :)



No comments:

Post a Comment