Tuesday 8 November 2016

The Broken Ties


“The broken ties”

I wanted to say hello
I wanted to smile whenever I see you
I wanted to do the usual thing one do to their friend
I wanted us to be comfortable
Talking about this and that
Smiling and laughing about silly things

But the situation changed
You changed, so do I
With a simple hi, you misunderstood me as flirting
With a word take care, you misunderstood me as playing your girlfriend
With a single smile, you misunderstood me for everything

I remember this one time
We sat at a round table
You and I, we sat across to each other
I sat in between of my two best friends
You talked to both of them, and everyone else at the table
Leaving me alone in your conversation
I feels unwanted, so I forced smile while being awkward
I can’t remember how I kills time so that I feel less upset

Feeling a bit sad and hurt,
I avoid to do anything related to you, when you are around
I avoided your eyes, straining myself from looking at you
I talked to everyone but you
I keep a smile to myself
But I know well that I cannot completely ignoring you
When my eyes secretly looking for you
My ears secretly heard everything you said
And my heart secretly beat faster than usual

As time passed by, I realize something
We can never go back to our old selves
Where we can funnily joking around
Making fun of one another
Talking to each other comfortably
Because everything changed now

I’m watching silently how comfortable you talk to our friends
How easily you joke around with them
While we are more and more becoming a stranger
Stranger who is connected through someone called friends
And something called memories





8th November 2016; 3.05pm

No comments:

Post a Comment